10/31/2006

Going VHS hunting

If you have known me for more than three seconds, you probably know that I have an... ahem... "strange obsession" with 1980's horror films. It all began when I was about 8 yrs old and I was at my cousin's, and my aunt rented "Jason goes to Hell: the Final Friday" for us. Back then it was fun cause it was taboo.

Now I realize the true fun of horror films: ridiculous gore, non-existant plots, and acting worse than the plots. Throw in some inspired social commentary here and there and you have a good recipe for fun.

So, naturally I was floored when Ted's Place (a local movie-rental store older than me) put up a sign saying that all their movies, including the largest horror section in Peterborough, are for sale!!!!

Unfortunately, most horror movies include copious amounts of nudity, which is unacceptable to this good little Christian boy (for some reason the violence doesn't get to me... maybe I'm desensitized, maybe it's cause the first movie i remember watching was "Terminator 2").

By far my favourite horror movie is "Sleepaway Camp," from 1984. It includes no nudity because all the characters are 13, and it has the most innovative deaths in it of any horror film I've ever watched. The original VHS version has about 6 seconds of footage absent from my DVD version, and yes, I'm that much of a nerd that I bought it for those 6 seconds...

I also got an out of print music video: Anthrax- Oidivnikufesin, which I have only ever seen at Ted's place.

So, movie night anyone? Rachel, you don't have a choice! Ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

I have wanted to see sleepaway camp for so long. You have no idea.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Stevie B said...

In response to two posts in one (this one and the one directly above it):

Does the Holy Spirit have the same obsession with horror movies as you do?

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home