10/08/2006

time to trespass

What are you so scared for, sister?
Well, I'm just as scared as you.

Every once in a while I think it's crazy. Some slick and benevolent God who calls himself the perpetual state of being decides he feels like making the human race.

So he does.

Poof. Just like that, pretty little humans. So they're in this hipster garden type place called Eden hanging out with that God guy and they're pretty chill. Then God's like

"btw, stay away from that tree, punishable by death kids" Then God goes for a walk by himself somewhere, dealing with all those things that God does (of course, knowing what all is going on).

And then there's angel type cat called Satan and he's pissed cause he was kicked outta heaven just cause he thought he was dope. And he's like

"Hey humans, you should totally eat that fruit."

So they do.

And God, well, he's pissed right off. Comes down and he's all,
"Hey Adam, where are you?"

And of course, God knew exactly where that Adam guy was; but Adam, he just didn't know where he was himself.

Adam, he was all tainted, busted up real bad-- to the point that God didn't see anything even half decent in that kid no more (and that fox Eve was busted too).

And they call that "total depravity"

So God sent them away. And we're like, all their incestuous kids or something and we're pretty messed all up too.

Then, like, 4000 years or something later God sends his own son (who like, is also him if that makes any sense to you) and that guy's called Jesus. And he runs around making the poor folks happy and royally pissing off the religious leaders and stuff.

So they kill him.

But he comes back to life and he's all like:
"Yo, my blood covers ya, if you follow me I'll save you and you won't perish, but instead you can hang out with me an' my Dad again. Pretty sweet, eh?"

And they call that "salvation"

Okay... all joking and risking of irreverence aside, my pastor told this story today (minus the hip jargon) And I had one of those metaphysical moments of self awareness and I was like "this dude's crazy!"

But wait, I believe what he's saying. I believe in that Jesus guy and his Dad. I try to follow him and mess up real bad. But it is crazy. Crazy, crazy, crazy... and sometimes I don't even know why I try to keep up with it all beacause everyone thinks I'm insane and I'm starting to doubt my sanity myself. But hey, I still believe.

And, I guess they call that "faith"

But I call it fear. Cause I'm afraid. Maybe just as scared as you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

BUT WE DONT HAVE TO BE AFRAID... anymore.

-AJW

4:51 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm afraid of the Abercrombie & Fitch guy....

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith, smaith. It's not perfect, but Josh McDowell's "More Than a Carpenter" worked rather well at reassuring my logic-bound mind about the reality of Christ, dissuading any doubts I may have had.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Girl said...

Sounds like Jesus for Guys
Love ya
Ash

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home