11/20/2005

Part II

A little black with envy and a little green with strife. You thought you'd be a good man and you thought she'd be your wife. You were always so metaphysical, glazed with years of permanent dismissal.

Come down.

So walk down and fall down, always standing and laughing. On the inside. But you sit down and eat. On the outside. So come down. He is the maker of all things but is somehow only worth to you this fraudlulent apology. So come down, walk down, fall down. He who mourns will be comforted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I like this poem (so profound, I know). It's different from your usual style and I like that too. I'm a sucker for colour-imagery and I love the way you turned a cliche on it's head "black with envy, green with strife". Brilliant.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home