2/05/2006

on the road in my mind

It's too easy to erase a mistake. It's too easy
Hey! I'm so sick of this town and I wanna get out and never come back. I could have a heart attack and die at 47, hey Jack! take me on the road with you. We could go to Denver, Colorado or maybe just Toronto or Victoria or Vancouver
Cause it's too easy to erase a mistake but it ain't too hard to remember this goddam town. We could hitch-hike or drive a broken car get some sally ann clothes and never shave or cut our hair
Then no one who knows us will ever recognize our goddam forsaken faces again. But what's it to them anyway, Jack?
Do you wanna come with me? Maybe it'll even be fun we could sleep in a dingy hotel and get some lice and make love. We could scratch our names along with obscene remarks on the wall beside the pillow and maybe we'll forget who we are or maybe we'll finally remember
I never knew what I wanted in life, I could've been a doctor or a teacher but I like to write so I think I'll write and you can write with me Jack, my spirit in yours or something like that
some sorta hindu reincarnation
I never knew what I wanted to feel but all I know now is that I've spent 22 years running away from feeling like this or maybe it was running away from him because he always knew what to do to stop me dead in my tracks
Jack, you know it's my dad. He makes
Or maybe I don't want to talk about that just yet I just wanna hang out maybe you me an Allen I always though he was fun and he ain't so bad as they made him out to be the best minds of your generation may have been starving hysterical naked but the best minds of my generation are wallowing and dead
So remember we can write together if you just wanna come be with me you know you soothe my headache when I don't know what to feel when all those tears can't hide anymore beneath
I always pretended Jack when I read your book that I was you and you were me cause then I'd have something to say and people would care and then I would never feel this way and you know Jack that's all I ever wanted so take me now erase my stature erase me take me now Jack take me now take me take me take me take me
on the road with you
and we'll never come back even if they want us to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

uhh... wrong blog?

12:20 PM  
Blogger .letting go said...

goodbye jack,
kerouac.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home