4/30/2006

Best and Worst of 2005-2006 Academic Year

This is something that I did last year, and I have a feeling that it is a good idea. This helps me to think about the things that have happened and guage my growth. Last year was very intense intellectually. This year, I've noticed, was very intense emotionally. All I can say is, I deal better with the intellectual stuff than the emotional stuff. I tend to try to hide my feelings.

So, here we go, the best and worst (generally in the order it happened) of the past 8 months:


Best:
  • Getting to know Todd and Natalie
  • The first positive relationship I've ever had
  • Going to my dad's for Christmas for the first time
  • Modern Poetry class
  • The months of November, December, and February
  • Starting the dps with Todd
  • Writing poetry that I will not shudder at in the future
  • Meeting awesome new people: Erin, David, Val, Kari, etc.
  • Discovering great poets such as Dennis Lee and Christian Bok
  • Growing closer to God
  • Actually attending a TCF retreat
  • Not having four essays due in three days
  • Writing a creative essay
  • TCF reform
  • Being elected on TCF Exec for next year
  • Getting a signed copy of Dennis Lee's Riffs!
  • Having "my socks challenged off" as Todd would say
Worst:
  • History 250... worst class ever
  • Translating 100 freaking lines of Beowulf every week
  • Having an essay due two weeks after class is over
  • The whole month of September
  • Con-Ed
  • Missing Matt Good's Toronto show
  • Having to read two books in two days and then write an exam on them
  • "Social" difficulties...
So, there you go. Hopefully you had an awesome and exciting year as well!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Hey now, Con-ed isn't THAT bad...it has its good sides doesn't it? It was a chance for us to first of all get to know each other and secondly we got to see each other two hours a week and hang out with other cool people who also didn't pay attention. Find the silver in those dark clouds-I'm sure you can turn all those negatives into positives.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

hm. Well, glad I made the "best" list. You (+DPS+poetry) make mine too. Have a great summer, Noah.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Daudi said...

You're right. We do need to go out for coffee sometime. Email me with what works for you, I'm not working yet.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Another grand and glorious year my friend! Heather and I were cleaning out my room, and we came across some of the comics you and I wrote after our usual class with the Tromlinator. We both laughed hysterically. God has definitely moved in your life this year (in the non-denominational, extremely confrontational, holifying sort of way). I am excited to see another man of God with backbone, actually CHANGE to be more like our Lord. It has been good to serve the master by your side this year, my friend. I'm gone to plant trees for may/june, but will be back in Ptown for most of July. If God permits us to live until then, I would love to spend time with you. Remember to continue to write things down when you study the word, and always remember to breathe. It tends to be an important part of our mortal existence (though fasting from the activity for more than 20 minutes will most likely eleviate that importance). The Mrs says hi,

Chase Christ as joy,
By Order of King Jesus.

I am always, your humble and obedient servant, and friend,

Todd Anderson

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home