9/15/2006

the thyroid gland's connected to the... oh crap.

I was tested for diabetes recently, and I don't have diabetes. Yay!

However, I do have hyperthyroidism (that is, overractive thyroid gland). This gland controls the hormones that regulate metabolism. The Wikipedia article lists the following symptoms:

" weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), Intolerance to heat, fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria [ed. lit. "lots of urine"], and sweating."

Hot damn! Other than apathy and depression that explains my entire personality! (well, maybe the apathy too!) I wonder how long I've had this? Maybe once they put me on the pills for it I'll be a whole new man... hopefully I won't need surgery though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I'd probably rather they cut me up than be chained to pills for life.

6:59 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

I'll have to take the pills even if they cut me up, the cutting is to remove the possibly maligmant section from the thyroid, the pills are what will regulate my metabolism.

Here's hoping that I don't have a malignant thyroid or need to have surgery!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Stevie B said...

Here's believing for you to not need to take pills OR have surgery;

Father I proclaim your power in Noah's body, Lord, that his over active thyroid gland would come into alignment with your proper design for it and that these symptoms such as weight loss, fatigue and so forth would disappear.
We thank you for your healing touch in Noah's body, for the glory it brings you in the sight of all who will see it and hear about it.
Noah, I pray that as it is in your soul, so it would be in your body also (3 John 2). Amen.

Blessings.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wow...that DOES make a lot of sense....I hope everything works out for you......but we know God will take care of you through healing or other such remedies. This certainly makes the reason why you can eat an entire pizzone a lot more clear.

God bless Noah

6:40 AM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

thanks for support guys. I have an x-ray appointment on Thurs, and when the results come in I'll know what's going down.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home