12/09/2006

Sometimes you're closer than my skin

No one understands the mind of God except his Spirit. The closest I can get is in the moment of religious ecstasy during intense worship. Then my mind matches his. But even then I lack.

No one understands your mind except your spirit and God's Spirit. The closest I can get is the moment of sexual ecstasy when our bodies are joined together as one. Then my mind matches yours. But even then I lack.

Neither is joy complete.
Neither is my communion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Are you trying to be John Donne?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

If this wasn't inspired by Piper's "Sex and the Supremacy of Christ", then it should be: go listen. :)

If you're looking for some meaty preaching, that sermon's one I listened to like a month ago and I'm still processing and applying it. :D

4:21 PM  
Blogger Stevie B said...

Prolonged amounts of praying and worshipping in tongues will do just that and so much more. Trust me, you'll love it.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home