1/01/2007

stop whispering in the dark stop shouting what they told you

"...all that's left is me, that lamp light beaming on my face and the regular rumbling of the street cars 20minutes apart, jarring me out of whatever semblance of peace I may have-- as they should. And do they have a point as they grind to a halt? Those voices that scrap my mind-- is there any peace? Any silence? Is all that's left a pig, a shadow an empty promise little white lie of the shell of man? Is that it? Then I was wrong. Wrong about any conviction, my image of a bloody let-down christ, the white noise and simple words. I was wrong. So all that's left is surgery, the removal of anything functional-- to leave this battered little boy behind--sinking into the remnants of closure, the endless futility of grasping for enlightenment, and "be godly" is what they said." Come on please now wash your hands and leave. Don't keep waiting say goodbye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

probably some of the best you've ever writ

8:55 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Question: scrap or scrape?

10:24 AM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

both... t'was a typo, but the typo actually fits better.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home