11/22/2007

Seriously, what the crap?!

Here are some screen captures from Amazon Canada & US, taken Thursday November 22, 2007 at approximately 3:20 pm. At this time, the Canadian dollar is worth approximately 2 cents more than the US dollar.



As you can see, the exact same item cost $10.00 less in the States, even though our currency is  worth more. Here are the final prices:





As you can see, even though the shipping cost from the US to Canada is literally double the price of shipping within Canada, ordering the item from the States still saves you $10!!!!! What the crap! This is seriously complete B. S. Someone really needs to fix these ridiculous price differences. This wouldn't have bothered me when our dollar was worth 65 cents to the US dollar, but it is absolutely pathetic that I can save this much money ordering from the States. 

I am not gonna complain that I save $10, but this is going to be terrible for Canadian business. As much as I want to support local retailers, 10 bucks is 10 bucks, so obviously I'll be placing my order at Amazon US. What makes this even worse is that this is the SAME company!!! Did they not realize that people would do this?! Seriously, Canadian retailers need to wake up if they expect to make it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home