11/09/2007

a million engines in neutral

hello from the pit of Kingston!

I like Coffee & Company... it is a fun place... My review of "OK Compy" will be coming but since it is Radiohead's seminal album I am taking my time and reading up... there are lots of books about this puppy. I also intend to write a review of Thom Yorke's "The Eraser," easily my favourite album of last year. Perhaps for the Tollbooth? And speaking of that my first published review is up, David Crowder Band- Remedy. (Mine is second down, there are two reviews.) I am really happy that this particular review is published, as I seem to be one of the few people who actually questions the merits of the new Crowder record. It's not bad, but it ain't great either.

I am having fun in Kingston so far again, but I do miss Rach. However I have a lot more free time with class than with prac, a blessing and a curse.

Rach and I are getting our wedding plans into high gear now, finalizing our guest list so that we can send out the invites. We also need to do other things such as finalize our venue, make a registry, and do our pre-marital counseling, all this within the next couple months! Crazy. It is all rather difficult to plan, and it is really causing us to examine things in a good way, to get down to some of those deep issues that you only get into when family is involved. It is all rather strange and crazy. One thing is for sure. I really love Rach, and I'm really looking forward to being married and not having to leave for months at a time for school.

I also now have everybody's Christmas presents except for my dad's. He is always the hardest to shop for. While shopping for Jer's present on the wonderful Ebay I also scored a reasonably priced copy of Thom Yorke's Japanese only EP Spitting Feathers which collects all the b-sides for The Eraser. Usually it goes for around $30, which is unreasonable for only 5 songs, especially since I already own (poor quality) iTunes versions. Anyway, I got it new and sealed for $16, which is still a lot to pay for five songs that I already have, but I really want to have them on hard copy and be able to make cd quality rips.... ah, the life of an audiophile...

Anyway, I guess that is a good enough update for now

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home