3/30/2005

Let's all get excited about etymology

Did you know that "venereal" and "venison" have the same etymological cognate? You learn something new everyday.

So I have four (4) assignments left for school this year, and one (1) school week left. In that one (1) school week, I have three (3) days of class. You do the math.

After that, I get to write exams, work full-time, and see THE CHARIOT AND UNDEROATH PLAY LIVE IN TORONTO!!!

I'm also looking forward to the $500 tax return I'll be receiving soon. This will give me a fun trip to Toronto... and allow me to start some special saving. It's all about the government sending me money recently. I'd better take advantage of it while I can. One day a white-haired old man in the house of commons is going to realize that he's given me too much money, and he'll send me a bill for 6 gillion dollars. Until then, thanks Canada.

And for the next week I get to learn about the New Christian Right, critical literary theory and etymological cognates. You have fun too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

"Special" saving for intolerable cruelty, inhumane attachment, and burdening earthbound cares?

Sigh.

I should really start my 'special' saving to CALL YOU A POSER!

<3

12:43 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

Toronto? I live there! Come! see! me! even if it is only for briefly.

1:14 PM  
Blogger James Provost said...

Don't forget - Toronto Comic Arts Festival, May 27-29. If there's anywhere to pick up superficial earthly prettythings, it's there!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home