5/30/2005

Cracks

How can I sleep
When there's work to be done?
I long to be picked up in your arms.
You hold my face upon your breast
And sing me pretty songs.

In my dreams I stood before your thone,
But I was all alone!
Or was it a nightmare?
You said, "Son, where's your family?"
My eyes cast down,
Their blood's on my hands!
And my crown was empty.

When I awoke you were gone
And I wish you'd stay,
Oh, but I never even pray
When I'm awake,
Never mind when I'm sleeping.

I just wanna go home.
My sons, please come home!
All my fallen angels,
With thorns in your wings
Come home!
And this time,
I don't wanna be alone.

I see the army coming...

Oh, there's cracks in the wall,
Cracks in the wall of my city,
As it comes tumbling down.
There's cracks in the wall,
And I did not warn them,
Their blood's on my hands!

Forgive me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home