5/16/2005

Behold: "It is good!"

Listening to: Sal Paradise- Lost Maps I got this album for free when a guy at my old church gave away a bunch of cds. I don't know much about the band, except that they're from Australia and have released 4 albums and one ep. This was one of two that were available in North America. They play low-fi indie rock in the vein of Pedro the Lion and Sebadoh. Decent stuff.

Today I did not work. Sarah invited me out for supper. We went to Eastside Mario's. I've always been a fan of EM's, but tonight it was at least 10 times better than normal... it was hotter, the portions were bigger, and our server was very nice to us. Plus I didn't have to pay. Sarah insists on paying every once and a while. That's cool. We also took some salad, bread, and cake to Cheryl and Carol.

After eating we went went to Fabric Land so Sarah could buy some fabric for the dress she'll be wearing to Josh and Tonya's wedding. She is going to look beautiful. (But that's a given).

Here's a poem I wrote today while loitering in the mall:

From man's flesh torn,
Your soft and supple curves.
This woman; the brightest
Of God's creations,
And behold: "It is good!"

Beneath the navy blue sky
Your eyes glow like bright flames.
I gaze upon the most beautiful
Of God's creations,
And behold: "It is good!"

I need to go do some homework. Sick, I know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Homework?

You need to go beat yourself upside the head for writing such sappy crap about females!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home