5/15/2005

Disorganized Beyond Recognition

A lot of really cool things have been happening, and I really don't know where to start without really going off. I'll try to be brief.

The other day I had to confess a sin to a fellow believer in Christ (as the bible instructs). It was not something I wanted to do... nor something I enjoyed doing. In fact it was never my intention to even do it. You see, the sin I had committed directly influenced the person that I confessed to, but the person would not have really known that it did. But it was the type of sin that kills friendship and honesty. (But isn't that all of them?) As I said... I did not want to confess it, but as I began talking to this person I felt God's Spirit tell me that if I didn't confesss my sin, it would ruin everything that I had developed in my friendship with this person. So I told the person what I did. The look on their face was one of complete painful dissappointment, but also complete forgiveness. I felt as though I was staring into the eyes of Christ himself at that moment. I felt more guilty than I've felt in a long time... but I also knew the peace of God. I can accept forgiveness now. From both God and the person I sinned against.

At the Bridge I drew a mixed media "abstract" picture in my journal with one of the Bridge kids. It was liberating. Art is beautiful, even though I suck at it.

For the Junior Highs today, I led a study on 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. I also read a passage from Kevin Max's book Unfinished Work and played his song Be from the Stereotype Be album. The main idea was that we are all unique and are capable of preaching and witnessing in ways that no other person is capable of.

I have recently been overwhelmed by the fact that every single person is a unique individual created by God... there is only one of them... and there will only ever be one of them. We are all God's beautiful creations, who have value and purpose given to us by him. Life without knowing God is a sorry existence.

I know what it's like to be loved by God and people. That is a beautiful thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger .letting go said...

ah noah. you are my brother, as such I love you. thanks for this post, God knows I needed to read it.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home