6/14/2005

Swimming in a Field

Hmmm... So a lot has happened andd I've not written...

On Thursday I went out for a beer with my Professor afterr class... and he paid! That was cool. We talked about why I became a Christian and that was cool. I never thought that I would actually have the chance to witness to one of my professors. Let alone in a bar drinking beer.

On Friday I went to the official Summer TCF Bible study. Robbie led it, and I must say that God truly spoke through him. I'm certain that Robbie has the gift of prophecy (the preaching kind). Interestingly, Robbie and I tend to finish each other's sentences and know exactly what bible passage is being mentioned next. I am definitely contemplating leading a study with him next year. Actually, I pretty much know that I have to already. But I still don't know about the Junior High Youth group. Perhaps if I could get a co-leader for that as well...

Saturday was work and Bridge. Sarah came and hung out for half the night.

Sunday. Can you say rain? So we were going to have a picnic after Sarah's Dragon Boat practice, but it rained. A lot. Like, all the food got drenched. Not to mention my bible receiving some significant water damage. This, was not all bad. It did give me an excuse to buy the pocket ESV I've wanted for a while.

After this was the nationally televised Celebration 2005 event at Del Crary. It was crazy having Joe Boot preach and Brian Doerksen lead worship in Peterborough. We prayed for the rain to stop. The second the first song started the clouds opened above us and the sun shined... and it continued to rain across the lake. The second the last song was finished it started to rain again, as if God was saying, "This isn't coincidental, I did answer the prayer." I doubted that itr would stop raining. I was surprised when it did. I shouldn't have been. I need to pray with expectation of God's answer.

Monday was a wonderful Food Handling course. Now I'm certified. Sarah and I also got Josh and Tonya's wedding present from us.

Well. Today I have a test and working Midnights. Working Midnights tomorrow too.

Friday I'm leading the Summer TCF study. The topic is the Bible. (Trust me it works). I may post my notes here.

Anyway, gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home