10/11/2005

The next time you see me, ask me what time it is

Derek Webb, a musician I have yet to hear, but apparently need to, has an album called "She Must and Shall Go Free." A (timely) reference to the Church (that is, Church corporate, the whole thing).

I talked with Pastor Norm today about lots of things. Translation. Anglo-Saxon. The Church. Doubt. Theology. Spiritual Gifts. Witnessing. Coffee. George Bush and oil. Swearing. Sex. All the easy to talk about, non-inflamatory stuff. (Yeah, right.)

Pastor Norm has got to be the awesomest old guy ever. He understands, cares, and helps me with my struggles, and is aware and understanding of generational gaps. He has (frighteningly) similar criticisms of the church (corporate, and our specific local) as me.

The difference? Maturity. And he's not apathetic and bitter.

Talking to Pastor Norm in itself strengthens my faith and desire to please God.

The best part is that he sees the same problems as me, and is working to defeat them. And he also sees through the media biases that I often buy into.

God bless Pastor Norm.

PS: The next time you see me, ask me what time it is. I got a killer new pocket watch

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

pocketpc > pocketwatch!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

i'm in that club. And the DWebb club, and the DPS club. Too many clubs, seeya all thurs.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

...theres a rocket in my pocket.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home