10/07/2005

A family of...

Listening to: Joy Electric- Most Terrible Archer The album "The Ministry of Archers" is definitely growing on me, despite my initial reaction to both is brevity (32 minutes!) and the number of instrumentals (3 of 10 songs). Even with these flaws, the music itself is some of Ronnie's best and catchiest (without being too mainstream) and the lyrics are the best JE lyrics yet. The drums actually sound like drums, and are quite high in the mix. Yay. So, props for good music and lyrics. Strikes for the skimpy booklet without lyrics included and short album length.

Today was fun even with the rain. I got some awesome books at the Trent Library to help with my essays. I am going to be writing an essay on William Carlos Williams' book Spring and All, discussing his poetic vision in relation to that book's poetry and prose. It should be fun.

Apparently it is Thanksgiving weekend. Wow. Time flys, eh?

I helped Caroline edit one of her poems today. She has to drive five hours to go home for Thanksgiving. That must suck.

I think I'm going out for supper tonight with my mom and a friend of hers who used to babysit me when I was a wee lad. Man, talk about exciting times. (insert sarcastic tone)

Actually, I dig hanging out with my mom.

I'm going to be going to a Promise Keepers rally with Jerry in November. That should be some good and challenging times.

We are sharing a hotel room. God have mercy on us... I think we're both just eccentric enough to drive each other into homicidal rampages...

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving. Be thankful.

Remember to check out The DPS.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Noah,
I was just wondering who Joy Electric is as you and Caroline both seem to like them. Maybe I could borrow a cd? Also I would like to post some poetry on the dbc site so if you could email me and give me your email address I will give you a poem to add to the site.
From,
Cindy
P.S I would log this in under the blog I started but I forget the password LOl

5:16 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

Joy Electric is an electro-pop "group," made up of 1 to 4 people at any given time. The main guy is Ronnie Martin and he does all the recording for albums. He uses exclusively Roland System 100 mono synthesizers, no drums or drum machines, no traditional instrumentation.

For the live performances Ronnie does vocals and synthesizers , with J. Graham on drums, and M. Williams on synths as well.

I don't tend to lend my cds out unless I know the person really well. But, to here Ronnie's music, go to:

http://www.myspace.com/joyelectric
http://www.purevolume.com/joyelectric

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Okay,I was just really curious as to who the group was. I still want to post a poem on DPS not DBC LOL I am soo tired today and normally would not make a spelling mistake like that but oh well, Please let me know who I should give the poem too, if you don't want me to email it to you please let me know who I should send it to and if it is even okay for me to post a poem as you are the founder.

From,
Cindy

9:59 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

E-mail it to the e-mail for the "DPS Admin"

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, thanks,
I might just give it to you Thursday instead actually as I am sooo busy.

From,
Cindy again LOL Happy Thanksgiving

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home