10/09/2005

Return, Return, Return...

Listening to: Jennifer Knapp, Mac Powell, & Nicole Nordman- Sing Alleluia I really wonder what happened to Jen Knapp, she was truly a gifted singer. I think this is one of her last recordings before she disappeared off the face of the planet...

Apparently there was a huge earthquake in Pakistan yesterday. Yikes. Usually (and this to my shame) I'm somewhat callous to natural disasters... (like, the plethora of them recently...) It's almost becoming common place to hear about people I've never met in foreign countries suffering.

However there are two people in Pakistan I know... well, not personally, but via the internet. Matt and Ruth Cook, missionaries in Pakistan. When I heard about the eathquake today a church my heart sank... all of a sudden all these natural disasters became real to me. It's sad that it took me knowing people in the country to realize this. Please pray for Matt, Ruth, their new son and everyone in Pakistan. I pray that Matt and Ruth are okay so that they can continue their vital ministry to the people of Pakistan, and even that their ministry would be strengthened due to this event.

Things like this make me long for the return of Christ. I've questioned my faith a lot recently, but that speaks only of my immaturity. When I look at the suffering in this world, and the very fact that the world itself is falling apart, I feel all the more the godlessness of this world. The weight of the old man my flesh presses on stronger, and I desire to be free from all of this world and its desires.

But we are still here for a reason. I know the Lord has plans for me, and in spite of myself they will be accomplished, "nothing can separate us from the love of God," Paul says, and that includes ourselves.

"I'm longing, I'm waiting."
"Return to yourself..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Thank God for the Family of God.

I hope they're ok too, and I actually know them. :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

thx for the comment Noah. I had the exact same feeling about Matt and Ruth, as well as for the people of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India involved in the quake. Seeing as I was in Pakistan with Matt and Ruth, this is pretty close to my heart. Strive on brother!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home