12/23/2005

3 Cheers for Freezing Rain

It is so gross out today. So the hot water pipe at my store burst today at 2:30 am. Just try to work in a restaurant without water. I dare you. That, and due to my 5:30am to 11:00pm "Christmas season" Marathon everyday this week, and I'm tired as I've ever been, my whole body hurts, and I would like to remove my legs below the knees.

"Hey Michael [ed: the owner's son in law], Wanna kick me in the shin so I can go home?"
"No."
"Ah, darn."

On the bright side, I decided to upgrade my copy of Matt Good's In a Coma to the "deluxe" edition, which includes an extra cd of acoustic songs and b-sides, and a dvd that includes every Matt Good video ever made (including an exclusive animated video for the song "While We Were Hunting Rabbits," which James Provost's girlfriend Sarah worked on. She also got to meet him. Lucky, lucky).

It's not that I haven't been writing poetry; it's just that I haven't posted it.

This will most likely be my last post before I go away to Toronto for 4 days.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a copy of the single disc version of In a Coma, give me a ring. I won't even make you pay for it. (That means free. Yes, free.)

2 Comments:

Blogger .letting go said...

woo spam. Can I have the CD? we could have a matt good party?

2:26 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

how dare you introduce me to matt good and not give me the album! (kidding)

<3

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home