12/13/2005

Fragment

This is so weird and cynical like

cotton candy on the cement in the sun like
a melted pool of chocolate with nuts all around like

fragmented expletives showing your character like
a televison set loaded with stacked actors like

your living room with popcorn on the carpet like
that sweater that I purposely forgot in your closet like

a name on the lips of a dying man like
the man that says we gonna "share the land" like

a frozen dinner every night like
sharp words at the end of a fight like

a skull filled with emptiness like
your heart that you think is blessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

your poems always leave me with the feeling that I've only read the last page of a 500 page novel. like I know the conclusion but am missing the plot. I like it though...thought provoking as always. was it you who said that poetry is supposed to piss me off?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home