1/08/2006

Back to... "it."

"It" being life, school, and all those other things that happen after the glorious month known as "Winter break." (Oh, the memory already fading!)

Tonight I have to translate 75 lines of Beowulf. I also have to do the same tomorrow. And I have a grammar assignment due on my (freaking) birthday (January FRIDAY the 13th for all you newcomers). I think I might rent the entire Friday the 13th series and have a "Jason" party... and at the end Jason can burst out of an oversized cake with red blood-coloured icing and hack everyone present to death. (After, or course, some well-placed "teenage innuendos")

Hmmm.... or maybe that's a bad idea.

I do have Junior High on my Birthday. Christopher has promised "twenty-two paddywacks." I'd like to see him try. Now, if his dad gets in on it...

I'm starting my series "How to love what God loves and hate what God hates." (Think that's too heavy for 12 year olds? Nah! Just gotta go slow).

And tomorrow I'm having breakfast and "hot beverages" with Natalie. That is, if her headache goes away.... I hope so. But, if not, I just get a head start on my FREAKING BEOWULF TRANSLATION!!!! GAH!!!! NOAH HATES BEOWULF TRANSLATION!!!!

(Okay, glad that's out of the way).

Mom and I are getting our tattoos on MONDAY JANUARY 23rd, which is, funny enough, also the date of the Canadian Federal Election which everyone reading this will vote in.

And who am I voting for? No clue. I'll figure it out, I just need to decide which half of my ethics will be sacrificed for my vote. (For more on my feelings about politics, read this).

I am reminded at this time of my continual need for the power of Christ in my life

More Wine
Cuz I gotta have it

More Skin
Cuz I gotta eat it
(From "Lakini's Juice" by Live)

Live is an interesting band. Definitely not a fan of their singer Ed's Eastern religious views and his obsession with a universalistic view of humanity as being all good; however, I am a fan of his Christian imagery and symbolism and his constant struggles with God and theology. Just because he doesn't believe the same as me doesn't mean that there are not valid spiritual truths in his writing.

Anyway, that's my fun disjointed post of the day. Have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home