1/15/2006

Sparky is a bad nick-name

The past couple days have been pretty swell. Today eight people at church got baptized, including Mark Stephen's three sons. Both of their sets of grandparents were there too. It's so compelling to see this family that has such strong spiritual roots passing on the knowledge and love of God to the next generation. The verse that says "Bring up your children with the fear of the LORD and they will follow me" comes to mind.

It makes me sad that my future family will have no such spiritual heritage... but I will start one and I guarantee that when I see my grandchildren getting baptized this day will come to mind.

I've known Mark, Ellen and their kids for five years now... it was so intense; the second I saw Luke climb into the tank my eyes totally filled up... and there was still two more. Luke also gave me a big post-dunk hug to get me wet, ah, so awesome!

Last night Natalie came over to my house and we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and ate my birthday cake and drank tea. It was swell.

Tonight is TCF Church in the Caf, and Mr. Carlo Raponi is speaking, and I expect to see you there at 8:00pm. You can all give me a hug.

Oh yeah, Sparky is a bad nick-name.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Sorry I wasn't at CITC. Brenda's bunny is sick and needs medicine...which is a two person job. It has to be given at certain times....glad things are going good! :)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home