2/12/2006

community (the image of God invisible)

Usually when I go on retreats (christian or not) I am entirely grateful to be alone at the end of it. I'm an only child, I like my solitude....

However I'm not feeling this today. Now that I am at my house... alone with my homework, my computer, and my memories of this weekend... rather than feeling relief I feel a void. I'm starting to realize that christianity is not compatible with independance. God created us to be in constant communion with him and each other. Without communion with other believers growth is impossible, and faith is stunted.

Notably I need to thank Todd, Paul, David, and Natalie: all of you have enriched my life unquantifiably; each of you knew exactly what you needed to do to tear away my pride and show me what I am and what I need to be... whether that was by prayer, singing a song in the car, massive bear-hug, or just a smile. Thank you. Thank you for caring, loving, teaching, edifying, and just being. Hopefully I will be these for you as well. Thank you for showing me God.

The two Noahs will be reconciled and made new, and its on your account more than mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I'm glad that it went well. :)

1:28 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

In all honesty, I almost came to tears while reading this. God has a wonderful plan in motion my friend, and I (like Hezekiah) am so happy to be able to see it. May God be praised. And thx for your honesty Salo.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Daudi said...

Bro, if there is any way I can help, let me know. I'm glad God used me. Goes to show he can use anyone. We're here for you man. Whenever we can be.
God IS with you ALWAYS, never forget it. Peace

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home