5/08/2006

poetics

Hello there.

This post is going to be an advertisement / where I'm at in terms of poetry. I guess I could have wrote this on my poetry blog, but I want to maintain the integrity of that blog as being strictly devoted to poetry itself and not discussions of poetry.

First of all, the lack of updates on Jealous : Kind are not because I am not writing... I am indeed writing... the reason is that I am in the process of writing a long-poem that will involve research / interviews / soul-searching, and it will most likely take the rest of the summer to write it. I don't want to give too much away, but what I will say is that it is nothing like anything I've written before and involves much more self-disclosure than I had originally intended or hoped for... hopefully it will be as challenging for you as it is for me.

When I am done this poem I will not post it on Jealous : Kind. Instead, I will combine it with a selection of my favourite older poems (including a few that are not on Jealous : Kind for various reasons) and offer it as a self-published low-budget book. I will only be making around 50 copies, some of which are already spoken for, and I will be offering the rest for sale. (Cheaply, mostly to cover production cost).

Now I have an assignment for you. I want you to pick some of the poems you want to see in it. Other than the new long poem, 2-3 previously unseen poems, and a couple highly-revised ones, there will be approximately 10 poems included from the Jealous : Kind site. So, pick your favourite poems and give me a list, and I will definitely include the top five choices (and pick the rest myself).

For those of you who don't like poetry: I am still alive, I am still working midnights, and I want to have coffee with you. E-mail me. That goes for all of you that like poetry too.

Also, please let me know if you would like to purchase a copy of my book, and I will add you to a list and make sure to set aside a copy when they are prepared... Most likely I will be making them in September or October. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home