1/07/2007

all hail to the thief

So I gave up on Radiohead too soon. Their latest (2003) record Hail to the Thief is quite good, a perfect combination of the old and the new if you ask me. Apparently the burned copy I got from Brendan is a different mix than the final record, most likely a rough mix, the vocals are not as clear than on the official copy. It is also 3 minutes shorter but contains all the same songs... fun.

Rachel and I have decided to base our bible studies on John Piper's Podcast, which will give us direction and good teaching. I recommend that you listen to it.

I have been realizing the necessity of feeding myself with quality bible teaching and bible study, because without these things my heart becomes lukewarm. I don't want Jesus to vomit me out. That would be gross.

Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both the soul and body in hell. [Matthew 10:28]

the fear
the fear is what keeps us here
keeps us here

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

THE FEAR

THE FEAR IS WHAT

KEEPS US HERE

KEEPS US HERE

THE FEAR

THE FEAR IS WHAT

KEEPS US HERE

KEEPS US HERE

11:26 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

In other news, it seems that we're all Piper addicts now... or something along those lines.

THE FEAR

THE FEAR IS WHAT

KEEPS US HERE

KEEPS US HERE

12:28 PM  
Blogger CJH said...

ok computer. best. hands down.

hi noah :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Paul Lawton said...

i realize if you are already listening to Piper then you probably don't need to be told to listen to more of him, but I would point you towards Marriage Lived to the Glory of God as a good one to listen to with rachel.
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/EventMessages/ByDate/1859_Marriage_Lived_to_the_Glory_of_God/

4:19 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Oooooh more Piper! Thanks Paul, sometimes it's rough wading through the 8 million sermons, so any recommendations are more than welcome.

THE FEAR

THE FEAR IS WHAT

KEEPS US HERE

KEEPS US HERE

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home