1/19/2007

what's going on

Been listening to a lot of Marvin Gaye lately (you think is weird?) R&B isn't really my thing, but his voice is gorgeous, and the music appeals to that hidden small part of my soul that actually enjoys dancing...

I don't really have a whole lot to say... First bible study back was great, we're finally getting into the NT which brings the most relevant (and most controversial) of topics. Next week we are discussing Spirit Filling, which is John MacMillan's first study as the co-leader (and he prepared this very well given the short time he had).

I'm looking forward to sitting back and learning (as well as the rest!)

The next week I'll be discussing the first possibly controversial topic of the year, Spirit Baptism. I am going to approach this with the Socratic method... I will give both the charismatic and evangelical points of view, and then I'll give them each verse that mentions baptism in/by/with the Holy Spirit and say, "you tell me!"

Then I'll explain why I believe what I do, but only after they reach their own conviction.

Well, God bless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Tread lightly. I look forward to hearing the results.

2:56 PM  
Blogger GLacharity said...

...a discussion which I've had the "pleasure" of delving through many a time, being "charismatic" myself. It digs deeper into even harsher subjects, like speaking in tongues, and it being a "necessary evidence" of the spirit's baptism, and which gifts to all believers receive, while which do some receive - all very fun stuff. Good luck with it, Noah - may God guide you.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home