9/20/2004

She chose God

Listening to: Dashboard Confessional- Living in Your Letters Picked up the Swiss Army Romance album today. So now I'm part of a club that includes a bunch of teen girls from the USA, whiny self-obsessed boys, and me. Or maybe I'm in the second catagory.

So last week both Galen and I independantly of each other gave Sarah letters saying that we were sick of her kind of having a relationship with both of us at the same time, and that she needed to choose one of us and leave the other behind.

She wrote me a letter, and she chose neither me nor Galen, instead she chose God. Then she spent a page and a half calling me on my sins of impatience and self-centredness. It always makes me feel guilty when a person who has only been a Christian for like, 2 weeks deals with a situation in a more Godly manner than I do, and so it should.

The funny thing is, I can't be mad about her decision...I've spent the past five months telling her that all she needs is God, and that if everything else falls apart and all that is left is Jesus, she'll be more than fine. So, when she gets around to saying "I'm gonna put God first and everything (eveyone) else can screw off..." Well, how can I get mad if she follows the most Godly advice I ever gave her?

Maybe I should do what I tell Sarah she should do. Then we'd both be doing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

it seems blogging has become another aspect of your posery.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home