8/23/2004

It's hard to find "It's hard to find a friend"

Listening to: Pedro the Lion- Options (Live on Summer Tour 04) Pedro is quickly becoming my favourite band. It's not for everyone, especially due to some subject matter and colourful language, but this is such edifying music. (Taken at the right frame of mind, of course.) Check out www.pedrothelion.com and www.achilles-heel.net

So, I'm a complete idiot and left my copy of Pedro's "It's hard to find a friend" in Jim's computer. I sent him an e-mail and asked him to mail it to me, so hopefully in two weeks or so I'll be jamming it. Until then I'll rely on the three albums I currently have and the 40+ live songs from the summer tour I have on MP3.

On Sunday I went to church at Riverside with Chris and Sarah. So, I look to my left in the solemnly quiet offering time and notice Christy and Mark, and loudly exclaim, "Dude! It's Christy and Mark! What the crap!" At this EVERYONE turned to stare and the woman in front of Christy said to her in jest, "Well, at least you won't have to introduce yourself..." Oh my. This was kinda embarassing.

After the service I was looking through Christy's MacArthur Study Bible, and she's like, "Yeah, my mom supports his ministry a lot (www.gty.org), and they send her lots of free stuff, so I can get another copy of that easy so you can have it." So just like that she gives me her study bible and I'm like, "Uh...thanks." Having no idea how to respond to her generosity. Anyway, I'm ridiculously grateful, since I've wanted a MacArthur Study Bible for a while, and now I have one. Crazy how these things happen. I'm getting really excited about church again. I hope Mark and Christy, and Chris start coming to Riverside as that would be awesome, cause they are all in between churches and they all have gifts that could be used effectively at Riverside in time. Also, having three more Christians in their 20's for Sarah to hang with is super good. So, I'm as happy as a little boy who was just given a triple layer double-chocolate cake. Mmmm, cake.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Provost said...

Said album is in the mail. In beautiful handmade packaging, and with witty comments on the exterior to the delight/dismay of postman and recipient alike.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home