3/31/2005

O God! The Blueprint Dives!

Listening to: Extol- In Reversal

So I walk into Emmaus, armed with the $20.00 my dad sent me for my birthday, ready to purchase the new Mae album... which they don't have.... BUT! Hold on! What do we have here?!

Norma Jean- O, God! The Aftermath and Extol- The Blueprint Dives I deliberated for a while, then said "screw it," they're only $14.99 and bought them both.

So Extol gets first listen. Let's see, theit first record was black metal, their second was death metal, and their third was thrash... they just picked up two former members of Lengsel the wonderful black metal band... and on the press shots one of the members is wearing a Sixteen Horsepower shirt... So I have no freaking clue what to expect.

Well, to shock us, the first song only has ONE screamed line and the rest is SINGING?!?! Don't worry though, they haven't gone soft. This album isn't any of the other styles they've played. It's definitely unique. The song "Pearl" actually reminds me of 16HP... anyway. More singing, more diverse. So far it's already better than Synergy. That's always a good thing.

I haven't heard the NJ yet, but it has the best album artwork I've seen in months, with a 28(!) page booklet that has two fold out pages.... Anyway. It's a metal evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Lend em to me. Now.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home