10/29/2005

Sacred

Sourcebook.
I said it.

...

November is the cruellest of months
the farmer sits and contemplates that
His life has no purpose
when the
crops have all been
harvested.
When it is indeed so cold that I (And By "I" I Mean You_)
can see the warmth escaping from my breath
and I cannot feel my extremities
for the Cold.
This is the magic. This is the song...
...

its like when you get that look in your eyes that says you're going to break my heart
in Exactly
One Point Five
seconds. (It never goes away, you know.)
AND BY YOU I MEAN "I."
AND you didn't have to say won word.

...

You're tyming is so perfect. I was about to move
on and this is
One Point Five Years replaced in
SIXTY-four days and fourteen hours and twentysix minutes
And an infinitude of seconds
I AM who fill {___}

I'll (AND BY "i" I mean all of us)
get over this frustration AND I HOPE you are VERY happy,
Love,
Knocking off my feet in cement galoshes
see.
Love,

...

all my flirtations with idealism have led me (read:us) to despair so I have decided to become a pessimist too.
"and if things go well we can rejoice," Jane said.
HOORAY!
"I've had my share of disappointments in my life"

Who fill infinitude
I AM
the cruellest
of month
I AM

...

stations- take notes
text- 20's. clang
bang sang.

---BRILLIANT CLASS.

singing songs I speak in
circles in
circles in circles in
circles
in circles in
circles
of the meaningless
again.

...and throw it all away. My

infinitude
fill
who. I AM
of
cold the cruellest
of months November
is

8 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

perhaps the best thing you've written that i've read.

look forward to hearing you 'splain it @ the dps.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this poem mean that you are still in love with someone who hurt you?

10:32 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

Kind of like that. But at the same time not like that at all.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kind of like that. But at the same time not like that at all."
That could be interpreted thus:
I am still hurt from a past love but want to move on and will but will still have the hurt for a while and that you do possible have feelings for someone else otherwise you would not have been thinking about moving on, you are hesitant too though as the pain is still there and you do not want to get hurt again? Could that be a right interpretation?

11:28 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

That's pretty much exactly what I was going for.

Good reading.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Noah... has dared to disturb the universe I fear. Only now does he see the repurcussions for such rash action! :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

Code's comment was a bit of a sarcastic reference to "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T. S. Eliot.

8:33 AM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

no, but oe of the "unspoken messages" listed was indeed to the same person that this poem is about.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home