10/20/2005

The days are just packed

Things to do Today:

1. Edit ENG 212H essay
2. Read The Party's Over
3. Go to HIST 250 Lecture
4. Finish ENG 431 grammar assignment
5. Find monographs and articles regarding the poetry of William Carlos Williams
6. Hand in ENG 212H Essay
7. Hand in ENG 431 Grammar Assignment.

Reading week:
1. Con-Ed placement, prepare and teach three lessons
2. Research for ENG 431 presentation / essay
3. Reasearch for WCW essay

Packed indeed.

Today was the third official meeting of the fabled DPS. Again Jer slept... and slept... and slept. We had two new people show up, who added greatly to the discussion: Val, and her friend Venessa. They both have unique poetic voices (as we all have...) and their alternate perspectives add greatly to the conversations. Keep coming out. Things are growing and getting better...

Yesterday, Mark and I had a little jokey conversation at TCF rregarding where people's bibles naturally open to. The idea is that if you hold a person's bible on its binding and then let go, it will naturally open to the part they read the most.

Robbie's bible opens to Isaiah, his favourite passage.
Hansen's opens up to Jeremiah.

My bible opens to Job.

I've been reading Job almost exclusively for three months now. Job is edifying in the dark times...

...which are ending.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I didnt' sleep last week, you guys were late and I left cuz I got tired of waiting!!! ><

12:45 AM  
Blogger .letting go said...

but me? I definitely slept. I figured the world of poetry could live without my sorry self this morning. The sleep was excellent. I'll try again after reading week.

My bible also opens to Job. Also to Acts... it's one of my favourites certainly, but I suspect thetrue reason is that I read it in the rain once and the pages are somewhat wrinkled. Job though? that's no accident.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home