10/16/2005

Swimming for Jesus

Listening to: The Blamed- The Lonely Zagreb The album "Give Us Barabbas" took about two months to sink in... but when it hit me, yesterday at about 7:30 am, it hit me like a sack of bricks. A BIG sack of bricks.

My friend Becky, who was in the TCF small group I led last year, was baptized today at Ferndale Church. It was an awesome service. I love seeing new Christians showing their devotion and commitment to Christ. Becky's passion is enough to kill the coldness of even the most hardened cynic. (Not that I'm that cynical...).

I'm starting to finally value the "joy of the Lord."

There's a lot of TCF people that go to Ferndale. I invited a girl named Valerie to come to The DPS, as she seems interested in Poetry.

Here's a poem I wrote at about 1:30 am today... It's probably the most authentic "love" poem I've ever written... and I don't even think its bad. Funny thing, there isn't a "special someone" its aimed at... it's a general expression of that feeling I get when I really fall for someone. It's what I want to feel for my wife someday. The quotation is from Amber (though again, the poem itself is not about her). She told me that when I talk I don't just speak, instead I make essays in my head out of ordinary things. Interesting thought.

Academic Prose

She said that I
"speak
like an essay"
and "weave
arguments"
in my brain.

But I
think
like a poet
and see
lines
in her name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

You no longer deserve the title J. Alfred.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

I will quote this poem in future

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home