10/14/2005

Used books are cool

I went to the Scholar's Bookstore in downtown Peterborough today. Its the best organized used bookstore I have ever seen in my life. The guy who owns it must love owning a bookstore. Then again, who wouldn't love owning a bookstore?

I got the following two books for very low prices:

T.S. Eliot, Selected Poems
B. C. Southam, A Student's Guide to the Selected Poems of T. S. Eliot

The company that published these books, Faber & Faber, is a brilliant company. First, you get one of the best known poets of the 20th century to select what he believes to be his best and most representative poetry for a student collection. Then, you get an accomplished scholar to write an expositional study guide for every poem in the book. It's like a mini-course in Eliot in book form. Sweet. And I finally have a copy of the poem The Hollow Men.

Tonight I am teaching Junior High at my church, followed by some movie watching at Jerry's house, with him, Todd and some others. Tomorrow I work 12-4, then I'm getting together with Amber and Robbie. Sunday is Becky's Baptism at Ferndale and much writing of my William Blake essay.

I guess that's all for now.

Keep rocking and/or rolling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so yesterday I went to the public library and guess what book I signed out Collected Poems by T.S Eliot now that's just weird.

Cindy

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops Collected Poems of T.S. Eliot not by T.S. Eliot

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Thanks for coming. I'm glad you finally got to meet Shane and Jun/David. They're old buddies.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home