3/10/2006

no need for safety to feel content

Ah, where to start? It has clearly been a busy while if you couldn't tell by the utter lack of posting.

God has been challenging me lately to realize that I am far too content living in this world and in the comfort it brings. I am far to reliant and faithful to things such as my house, food, education, and technology. These things are blessings from God that I need to be willing to give up.

God may desire that I live as an itinerant preacher witn no home and one meal a day. That is an extreme, but I need to be willing to do that as well as other minor things. I mean, if God were to call me tomorrow to sell all I own and buy a one-way ticket to Africa and become an itinerant preacher, I need to be willing to do that.

I am thankful that it is only through God's mercy and grace that I am saved, for there is truly no way that I could ever seek to glorify God to an extent as to win my own salvation. I am a hopeless man. Entirely hopeless.

God is not safe. God is more terrifying than Satan and all the demons combined... But the terror that God instills in me is edifying, so I reluctantly welcome it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home