2/24/2006

3 1/2 pints of coke...

...is way too much coke.

Soon (very soon) I will be posting a detailed (but abridged) account of my salvation and Christian life so far. On Wednesday March 1 I will be telling my "faith story" at TCF Openhouse located in the Native Studies lounge (OC 211). A "faith story" is a souped up testimony that doesn't stop with the saving aspect. There will also be two others giving faith stories, and you should come. But if you can't, my story will be on here Thursday sometime.

I've been obsessively listening to Give Us Barabbas by The Blamed, and the more I listen, the more I'm convinced it's an album that everyone should own. You can get it for like, $10 at any Christian bookstore because experimental punk-jazz core doesn't sell too well in the Christian scene. (Neither do albums with titles that invoke the image of all of God's followers turning their backs on him... or bands that name themselves with total depravity in mind...) Anyway, go buy it for ten freaking dollars. Or order it online cheaper. Seriously. (And if " experimental punk-jazz core" doesn't make you interested you probably don't like music).

Sunday promises to be a very interesting day. For those of you somewhat involved, (and if you know what I'm getting to here you're involved) please pray. Prayer is good. Prayer is the way that we accomplish God's will. We don't want to make any mistakes.

P.S. Jesus loves you. And that shouldn't be the PS, it should be the main message.

2 Comments:

Blogger GLacharity said...

"Experimental Punk-Jazz Core" has me intrigued - I outta seek out that CD - if we had a freakin' Christian book store in town!

1:23 AM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

also available at T&N mailorder for $8 US plus shipping. I feel like an advertisement

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home