2/23/2007

Just like starting over: the best and worst of 2006

Usually I do this at the end of each school year but 2006 was just crazy, warranting its own post.

The Best

January:
  • New tattoos!
  • discovering Christian Bok and Dennis Lee
  • Derek Webb's Mockingbird
  • hanging out with Natalie lots
February:
  • Creating my poetry blog
  • Going on TCF winter retreat
March:
  • Giving my testimony at TCF open house
  • reading lots of poetry
April:
  • Analyzing speaking in tongues more than ever before
  • being elected for TCF Exec
  • discovering Starbucks espresso
  • Getting a signed copy of Dennis Lee's Riffs
May:
  • discovering King's X
June:
  • Nothing good except going to 'Shwa with Steve and Sarah
July:
  • Sigh, not much... but I did analyze the great commission
August:
  • Todd's bachelor party!
  • Going to TO with Jerry on the annual trip
September:
  • Todd's wedding
  • Going camping with college and careers
  • School starting... that means TCF!
October:
  • going to see Bob Dylan and the Foo Fighters with Elizabeth
  • Getting to know Elizabeth again
  • Getting my MacBook
  • joining facebook
  • Meeting Rachel! Yay!
November:
  • Dating Rachel more is pretty cool!!!
December:
  • Getting a mint copy of Mortification's Scrolls of the Megilloth
  • visiting my dad and Rachel over Christmas holidays

The Worst

January:
  • The buses being canceled when I was on campus
  • Old English class... all of it!
February:
  • Beowulf essay... shudder
March:
  • So many essays
April:
  • Almost getting over by a car
May:
  • Working midnights
  • working midnights again because I did it all summer and it sucks
June:
  • doing nothing but working and sleeping drove me crazy
July:
  • Almost drowning... and working midnights
August:
  • paying tuition
September:
  • Thyroiditus
October:
  • Walking into a no parking sign... ouch!
  • Too much homework
November:
  • not much bad stuff!
December:
  • Pretty much rocked!
So there you have it... Obviously the best part was meeting Rachel and beginning my relationship with her, still going after four months and hopefully continuing for a long time! Cheers everyone, I've done enough procrastinating see you later.

I'm getting sick of not being able to go anywhere...I'll be glad when I can ditch the dressing on my toe!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Wow. Maybe I'll finally get off my ass and make some listy posts. :P

It was a good year, man. Thanks for Tronna (x2) and other much goodtimes.

Oh, and no more Bailey's in your Icecaps on New Years'... ><

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home