3/01/2007

oh my

well....... I tso fomisshed my sessay.... thank GOD.

I'm really happy that Rachie is back! We need to go to church more though! I miss going to church every week like I would miss my arm if I lost it. I need to go to church. Hopefully Steve will be more available on Sundays. And if not we'll bus it and walk! Ha!

I'm digging Counting Crows lately (the band). They right infectious pop-rock with good lyrics, if a tad too depressive, but how much "happy" music do I have anyway?

So it looks like John and I will be covering 18 Spiritual gifts in four weeks. Oh man, oh my. This will be interesting.... Mark Driscoll did it in 6 weeks, it only took him hour and a half sermons every Sunday... (AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!) At least he's funny... oh, and entirely biblical and Godly...

which reminds me that I actually have a name for my theological position. I thought that I was the only one trying to merge a Reformed theological position with charismaticism. Then I met Rachel. Then I listened to Mark Driscoll.

Turns out I am a "Charismatic Calvinist" which means that when it comes to isssues like salvation, election and eternal security I am Calvinist but when it comes to the Holy Spirit I am charismatic, but not pentecostal. I don't believe that people need to speak in tongues to have the Spirit. That is not true. Having the Spirit is the definition of a Christian.

Apparently this is a rather "cutting edge" position... a kind of reformation if you will attempting to unite all evangelicals in opposition to the Emergent. This is good. I'm glad that the Lord led me to this before I got together with Rachel and discovered Mark Driscoll, although they are a confirmation for me. If anyone is confused feel free to discuss this with me, and also subscribe to the Mars Hill Seattle church podcast and download the series on the Spiritual gifts... it's about 10 hours long but it is worth the effort.

yes.

well.

that is my update I guess. Keep it real... God bless.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

The question is, is it your position because it's your position, or is it your position because it's a "cutting edge" reformation? :)

Labels are meaningless, but I've certainly enjoyed the fruit of your studies in our discussions, even if we disagree on some of the finer points at times.

1:49 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

It's what I concluded before realizing it was cutting edge. That wasn't my intention but I don't mind. A little reformation is in good order!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Paul Lawton said...

noah,
it doesn't sound like you've heard of these guys but there is a large group, a fellowship of churches in the US called sovereign grace ministries that are reformed/charismatic and are having a big impact on the evangelical landscape. http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Annnd there's Paul with my preferred label for it. :P

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home