10/09/2004

cat versus mouse (mouse is losing)

Listening to: Mars ILL- Afterlife

"Bring sentences to life like,
"See Spot run across the freeway"
You can catch it on the Fox News instant replay."

From the above song. For some reason I'v been singing the line "See Spot run across the freeway" for a few days now. It's a funny thought. I sang it at work and one of my co-employee's got mad at me, apparently she has recently acquired a puppy by the name of Spot. Oops. Sorry Jenny.

Today I got to play a game of cat and mouse, At the Riverside Church Fair Sarah and I painted faces of all the children...well...she did most of the painting. She's much more artistically inclined than myself. I painted her as a cat, and she painted me as a mouse. Hmmm... The symbolism stikes me. A cat. hunting its prey. Then playing with it, before crushing its pathetic tiny body between its paws, ripping it's heart to pieces. Poor mouse.

Just kidding 'bout that.

So, one of my friends at work is named Christy. I met two of her friends at school on Thursday and apparently they think I'm hot. I do not say this to brag, or to make myself sound good, or anything like that. I just think it's really funny that like, two years ago all I wanted was to meet an attractive Christian girl that thinks I'm hot. I thought it was an impossibility, but all of a sudden, when I don't want a freaking girlfriend there's these girls matching the above criterion. What the crap?! Maybe this is a lesson from God. See, two years ago I would've dated any hot girl as long as she said she was a Christian. But now that I've realized how serious relationships actually are, and I'm looking for things such as, oh say, spiritual maturity and not just appearance. So I'm meeting these girls, and they are attracted to me, hopefully, because of my spiritual maturity, I'm actually at a loss. It's great when I can make people think, and when my passion for God inspires them...but I need to be inspired by my wife too. I'm not trying to say that I'm the be all end all of spiritual maturity here, or that all thse girls aren't smart (they are), it's just that...I don't know. I just can't be bothered with this right now. God works in real funny ways.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im proud of you noah. and don't go for looks either. go for the spiritual aspect, personality and then the looks ;)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home