4/20/2005

The man wants an 11 dollar bill but you only got 10

Listening to: Bob Dylan- If Not For You Yeah. You've gotta hand it to Bob Dylan for writing so many awesome songs. And I like his versions better than the endless covers. But I'm a sucker for eccentric singers with weird voices.

No sir, I do not understand your logic. My name is a lie, 'cause I don't think I've brought any comfort recently. My body is fallling apart. I cannot see you without a filtered lens. You've said a few things that just don't sit right. Do you know which ones? Probably the part about "all the kingdoms" being mine, and all those naked women laying at my feet. But I must say I did like the taste. Except I still know that you don't love me. Maybe that's the catch. And all those naked women? Well, they're just empty bodies after a while. And I never wanted to be king.

I don't want to be their king.
All their empty bodies.
All those naked women.
With their broken glassy eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home