5/01/2005

You, feed the bloated bleed the shorted.

Listening to: Joy Electric- Sing Once For Me Picked up the record Legacy Volume 1: The White Songbook at Bluestreak today...

...I'm glad I found it, since I have wanted this album since the year it was released. I have the song "A New Pirate Tradtional" on a comp, and I really wanted to pick up the record on the strength of that track, even though its techno and I'm clearly not a techno fan.

Anyway, I finally have the album, and now that I actually have read the lyrics to "A New Pirate Traditional" I must say I like it even better now. The song is about the hypocritical Christian music industry. Ronnie Martin was fed up with being ignored after ten years of recording albums, and it shows on this song (and the rest of the album). I'm going to print the lyrics here, as they also wonderfully sum up my own grievances with the Christian music industry.

A New Pirate Traditional

Keep lying to appear complete,
You're so not there.
Reap more unjust rewards,
Who really cares?

Sick and tired of being denied
A rightful place along your side.
But who will love us?
And will an ounce ever be mine?

You, feed the bloated
Bleed the shorted.

Content to see me sink
Into obscurity.
Ten years of pleading
You're not listening.

Sick and tired of being deprived
While all the newcomers claim the prize.
But who will love us?
And will the crown ever be mine?

You, feed the bloated
Bleed the shorted.

Who will love us,
The unloved who will love us,
The unloved.

Who will love us?
And will an ounce ever be mine?

(Lyrics by Ronnie Martin)

Sarah was sick today and could not go to church, and since everyone except me and Tonya was working today the "Young Adults" meeting was cacelled until two weeks from now.

Tomorrow; I have off. Jerry and I; shall do stuff.

The girl did not come last night, but that is okay. We were super busy last night and only four (4) volunteers showed up. Fortunately, nothing crazy happened.

So there's this box full of like, three years worth of Christianity Today magazines under the table in the staff room at the Bridge. Sweet! Reading materials! Although I'm not a super huge fan of Christianity Today it will give me something to read. (In one issue there was an ad for a "Pastor's Conference" that involved a special day of golf... Golf?! Shouldn't Pastors be doing something, um, a little more important than golfing at a conference?!?! Gah!)

Anyway. I'm out.

Leave some comments. I'm getting lonely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stevie B said...

"Leave some comments. I'm getting lonely."

Who could resist a plea such as that? Well I thought I'd drop a quick note to say that although we didn't get to talk much, it was nice meeting you at the Bridge last night and putting a face (and name) with the blogger name. I leave for Holland on Tuesday night until Septebmer and will resort to more of a journaling and photo album feel for my blog for the coming months--cuz I'm told I will be busy ministering when there--but it was interesting when I walked into the Bridge and surveyed the place, I had a hunch when I saw you you might be "Shine Is Dead". We have met before or at least I recognize you from Bridge-related situations and mutual friends.

Anyway, be blessed, brother.

6:52 PM  
Blogger .letting go said...

I think it is good for pastors to go to a conference and golf. their job has one of the highest burnout rates known to man, right up there with air traffic controllers....

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home