4/26/2005

Simplicity

Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are to love God and love everyone else.

So why do we complicate it so much?

Why did I spend the first three years of my Christian life too focused on not swearing, not having premarital sex, and not listening to "secular" music to actually focus on loving people? And wy have I spent the last year of my Christian life completely abolishing what I thought was "Godly" living? And only to realize that my newfound "freedom" is laced with pride and self-righteousness.

Why is it that after four years of being a Christian I still don't feel like I have the "mind of Christ" (1Cor 2:16) even though I am supposed to have it?

These questions come to my mind after completing the book Simplicity by Mark Salomon. I recommend it to everyone. (Whether or not you have heard of and / or like or dislike The Crucified or Stavesacre).

I've already stopped worrying about the other crap. Now I need to learn how to love God and everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home