7/29/2005

Waking up at 4 pm

Listening to: Emery- Left With Alibis and Lying Eyes I love Jim at Emmaus Family Books. He doesn't seem to care or pay any attention to official release dates. Therefore I now have a copy of the new Emery record The Question a week before its street date... So far its good stuff. Different than older Emery... less screaming, more musical varation. Cool. The packaging is annoying though. The booklet is designed like an envelope, and there is a sticker on the booklet holding it shut. It needs to be left on otherwise the booklet will have a sticky residue, making it impossible to put it back in the case. Gah. Oh well, it is unique at least.

So I've been working 11-7 shifts. Getting up at 4 pm, going to bed at 8:30 am. It's weird, it leaves me out of it a bit, For example, Jerry has had an bit of a situation that he needs to deal with, and I wish I could be a better support in person. Even though I can't see Jerry however, the Lord will hear my prayers.

The Bridge opens up again on Saturday... That will be good for me. I've missed the ministry there, although I must say the break was needed, especially with my summer school busy-ness

Sarah will be home on Saturday(!) Yay! I get to see her on Sunday. I'm so freaking happy. I'm going to bring her ans Steve (Hayes) to my house after church and make homemade Chicken Caesar pitas. I like cooking and preparing food. I guess that makes me a wimp. I can live with that.

On Sunday I'm going to visit Norwood Pentecostal Church for their Sunday Evening service. I went to that church a lot the summer I was saved, and I love a lot of the people there. After all, I need to "make my peace" with the charismatics...

I may come down hard on certain charismatic theology... but the other day I read the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada Statement of Faith. The only thing that I disagree on is their theology of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and of tongues as "initial evidence." Frankly I see no biblical basis for these doctrines, unless one wants to twist the Book of Acts way out of context (theologically, biblically, and historically). However, I must note two things: First, whether or onot one believes this "charismatic disrinctive," true baptism of the Spirit will occur to anyone who believes in Christ, whether they understand it or not, and second, these people are my brothers and sisters in Christ and I need to seek biblical unity with them (duh...). So yeah, it's more than just a visit. It's an apology.

I like this Emery album.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Yay new music....I need some. Glad you get to see Sarah again soon-I can imagine you've been going insane. Say hi to her and Steve for me. Check out my blog-it's new and improved. I miss your insanity.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wow-I used the word (or a version of) insane twice in that comment. Bad form Amber! You must be very much so for me to do that.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home