7/18/2005

I am so emotional. Sniff.

Listening to: Further Seems Forever, The Moon is Down record. One of the best albums released this decade so far. Arguably as important to Emo as Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary record. Not to mention that this band launched the career of the oh-so-emotional Chris Carrabba, aka Dashboard Confessional...

Speaking of Chris Carrabba, he's the coolest guy. I mean, his songs are all pretty simple, they're all about failed relationships in high school, but somehow, even though I'm no longer in high school it completely resonates with me. His faith in God is not the foremost thing in his writing, however all his songs discuss things such as cheating and conformity for the sake of being cool and show them to be false and empty. I wish we had more artists in the mainstream discussing these issues in the light that Chris does, instead of writing anthems to sleeping around and being a "gangsta." Props to Chris Carrabba. Keep it up.

Sarah is now gone for two weeks. On Saturday I made dinner for her. It was baked cheese capaletti with rose sauce and shredded cheddar and mozzerella cheese, garlic bread, and caesar salad (with extra croutons and no bacon...) She liked it. A lot, I think. Then we watched the Dashboard Confessional MTV Unlpugged v2.0 DVD.

I am so emotional. Sniff.

On Sunday I went to church with my friend Steve (Hayes), then we went to Pye's Deli for lunch. Some sweet Deli goods. Then I got together with the ever wonderful Jerry. I had supper at his house with his family. We then watched... you guessed it, the DC DVD. Then we watched some Solid State records music videos, to his parents laughter. Heavy Metal videos really are funny. After that we read Colossians and prayed. I am borrowing his copy of FSF's TMID, for the third or fourth time. I need to buy this album.

Anyway, I am currently writing my linguistics essay, on the topic of translation theory and Biblical exegesis. (Yeah, I had to get "special permission" to do this...)

The great thing about God is that he is literally everywhere. Jer always says that while attending Trent I am going to bible college "vicariously." This is beacause I read all his textbooks for fun and find a way to write about a facet of Christianity in almost all my essays. Yay for writing Christian history essays for fun and getting credit for it. Hopefully it is a way to witness to my professors as well... and funny, the idea of witnessing to my professors grows less scary every day.

Have a nice day.

And be emotional. Sniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home