9/06/2005

How it feels to be something....

Listening to: Sunny Day Real Estate- 100 Million I got the album How it feels to be something on in Toronto. This is often considered SDRE's masterwork. When I first heard it my response was, "Wow, that's so... soft and quiet." Every song is a quiet ballad... even this song, that features a double-bass pedal is a ballad, and I didn't think that was possible. The lyrics are also very opaque. Definitely a grower, but very engaging nonetheless. The album art is also killer.

Today was my first day of con-ed placement at St. Peter's Secondary School (SPSS). My host teacher is Mr. Steve Brown. We have two grade 10 classes (one applied, one academic) and an Academic grade 12 class (with 37[!] students). All history. Practice with my second teachable.

We've already begun to plan my teaching stuff, I'll be doing five lessons on 1920's culture (such issues as prohibition, "flappers," and the like). Mr. Brown is the most organized teacher I've ever met, and SPSS is the most organized school I've ever walked into. I should compliment the principal.

I'm excited for school again.

This weekend is the Young Adults camping trip. So good. And that reminds me, I need to phone MEAGHAN CULKEEN to force her...uhm... invite her to come.

Keep it real.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Camping Trips are for the... soft?

Yay for a new year.

3:22 PM  
Blogger .letting go said...

thank you for the present noah. It is currently filling me with joy.


It's good to be within fifteen minutes of you again dude.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home