8/22/2005

(SELF-TITLED)

Listening to: Zao- The Dreams That Don't Come True

Adventures are cool things.

On Saturday I slept 8am until 9pm, and then stayed up in the wee hours of the morning and did household chores. I like to sing songs and vacuum at 3 am

"...It's three in th' mornin'
And I'm not tired!
It's three in th' mornin'
And I'm just wired!
I like to vacuum in the morning
It stops it from being really boring..."

After this I listened to some wonderful free jazz and danced around the house.

Sunday was Church and I had the privilege of teaching the Junior Highs about "tast[ing] and see[ing] that the Lord is good." I have to figure out how to teach these ones again. I forgot that with Junior Highs, you have about ten minutes before they get all figety. Tackle duck-duck-goose for the win, all the way. The "farmer's field" experience was also wonderful.

After churh Steve, Sarah and I went to Oshawa. We stopped at Deja Vu Discs (one of my three favorite used cd stores), and I picked up Kind of Blue by Miles Davis, and (finally) (Self-Titled) by Zao. It's certainly their most interesting and unique album, and the more I listen, probably my favorite as well.

We then went to Teddy's for late lunch / early supper. This is truly one of the best restaurants on the face of the planet. It's worth driving to Oshawa just to go there.

We also went to The Granery a weird little convention centre / restaurant / coffee place just outside of Bethany. Sarah fell asleep in the back seat and Steve and I talked about our "girl troubles up the ass" (as Gordan Gano would say).

We closed the day by visiting the Stephens' and planning our "Young Adults" camping trip. (PS, there's one spot left, so if you are a "young adult" of about college age and like camping, join us. Meaghan, this means you. And you have NO excuse, you'll be in town Trenting it up a notch anyway...)

Anyway, I'm gonna rock the Zao and clean my dirty body... then I shall go mow the lawn, even though it doesn't need it. I wouldn't want to disappoint my Dad though.

Only four days til Toronto time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

interesting...
anyways noah i keep getting really stupid comments from people and advertisements in my comments. i delete them, but they don't fully go away. it still says i have 4 comments and i check and it says "comment has been deleted"
i want my friends to comment and some people that don't have blogspot.com, but how do i fully get rid of it saying comment numbers and that they have been deleted?????

12:57 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

When you erase comments there should be a box you cxan click that says "Remove comment permanently." When you click this all the traces of the comments.

In terms of stopping it, I think that's impossible. A lot of people on blogspot are now being spammed. I think there may be a company doing it. My blog gets them too.

5:33 PM  
Blogger .letting go said...

no excuse huh? whens this... camping trip? ... what will we DO on this... camping trip?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

I circumvented it with some special javascript coding... since most of these companies use bots to do their advertising in blog comments, it's simply a matter of altering the way comments are added.

You'll notice the difference on my blog's commenting right away. Try it sometime.

In other news:

Any girl trouble is trouble up the ass Noah, you know that.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

as usual, I have determined that jer is living about nine feet above the pains of the general proletariat through his weird genius. I'm thinking unchristian thoughts about spammers. Way for not not not inviting me to your marshmallow party, noah salo. twerp.

12:48 PM  
Blogger .letting go said...

hehehehe, shannon called you a twerp.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home