9/05/2005

"Kitty's got mad dandruff."

Listening to: Suffering and the Hideous Thieves- I Will Always Find a Way Can't get enough if this stuff, I definitely need to get the new album... and all the old ones considering Rats in Heaven is the only one I have. I would LOVE to see this band live. Hey, Jeff, come to Toronto!

Ode to Labour Day

Labour day, oh, labour day, thou art my
Last day of summer, warm in my young heart.
Oh, Labour day, I loved you from the start.
As I look into the pretty blue sky
So much meets my young bespectacled eye,
I went to the zoo and thought it was smart.
All the animals, and the red train cart
So pretty that it makes me want to cry.
I do not wish for Labour day to end.
Soon the school, homework, and late nights begin,
This tease of a day must truly be sin!
And in eight months my broken heart will mend.
The birds will sing, and summer will make way,
For a brand new happy next Labour day!

There's a wonderful (uh, utterly crappy) labour day sonnet following in the pattern of John Donne's Holy Sonnets. It's not that I enjoy writing utter pieces of crap, I just want to practice the style.

Today I hung out with Kyle Young, Andrew Young, and Sarah, and yes, we went to the zoo. We also went to Starbucks, and I'm actually starting to like it there... sigh.

Tomorrow my con-ed placement starts.

Anyway, have fun while you can, for summer has now ended.

oh yeah, my cat really does have mad dandruff, thanks to Shannon Culkeen for that quotation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

yay! love being plugged in this blog. I'm in toronto, and I miss thee, oh I do. Your sonnet made me laugh. I have a huge room, come stay on my couch. I am finally in visual arts courses. all my love.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home