10/16/2005

The chicken P'Zone is vastly superior dining.

On Saturday night I hung out with Amber for the first time this year. The first time. And it's October. That is bad.

We decided that we would continue our long-standing tradtion of eating Pizza Hut P'Zones. There is a swell PH five minutes from her house. It was recently renovated to include a brand new dining area, that we clearly took advantage of.

The chicken P'Zone is infinitely better than the regular pepperoni one. It is so worth the extra dollar. So.

We chatted about lots of things, from our frustration with the lack of special programs for gifted students, to matters of the soul, to matters of the heart. Amber always likes to talk about Robbie, but that's okay, cause she's in love. (And one day, I'll be in love too and I'll talk her freaking ear off til it bleeds).

Amber is truly a swell girl who is out to help everyone she's involved with. She told me that when I am going on my next date, she's going to take me out first, to "rate" me and make sure I'm actually somewhat presentable.

Amber, I will take you up on that. In ten years. When I actually have a date. Okay, that was a bit cynical, it'll be twenty years, not ten. Joking aside...

We had coffee (correction: I had coffee, she had hot chocolate) at Dreams and Beans, where our discussion continued.

I love my great friends.

On another note...

I am writing an essay on the poems "The Divine Image," and "The Human Abstract" by William Blake. I don't think I hate his stuff as mouch any more. Though The Marriage of Heaven and Hell still makes me want to break things...

I think I'll just go listen to The Blamed instead...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hey-maybe the person who posted on your blog above me will go out on a date with you? ;) I've missed you!! Anytime you want to take advantage of my "knowledge" you are most welcome. We need to have a platonic date at least once a month. Deal? We'll find her Noah.

10:20 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

A link for "french kissing tips." I just had to kill that.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

It seems your blog has been noted for its frequent talk about dates and girls and love and crap like that noah. You win the prize.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...who dreamt and made incarnate gaps in Time & Space through images
juxtaposed, and trapped the archangel of the soul between 2 visual images
and joined the elemental verbs and set the noun and dash of consciousness
together jumping with sensation of Pater Omnipotens Aeterna Deus

to recreate the syntax and measure of poor human prose and stand before you
speechless and intelligent and shaking with shame, rejected yet confessing
out the soul to conform to the rhythm of thought in his naked and endless
head, ...

1:17 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

Wow. That was like, the best freaking comment ever. Hey Anonymous, you're not allowed to write poems better thann mine on my blog!

By the way, who are you? I DEFINITELY want to talk to you...

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that i were the great Allan Ginsberg LOL.

nope, just a fellow poetry lover. That was taken from "Howl" and it is amongst my favourite poems. There's another part of that poem that is super cool (and sort of relates to the content of your post?)

...Peyote solidities of halls, backyard green tree cemetery
dawns, wine drunkenness over the rooftops, storefront boroughs of teahead joyride neon
blinking traffic light, sun and moon and tree
vibrations in the roaring winter dusks of Brooklyn,
ashcan rantings and kind king light of mind,
...

who talked continuously seventy hours from park to
pad to bar to Bellevue to museum to the Brooklyn Bridge,
lost battalion of platonic conversationalists jumping
down the stoops off fire escapes off windowsills
off Empire State out of the moon,

yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts
and memories and anecdotes and eyeball kicks
and shocks of hospitals and jails and wars,

whole intellects disgorged in total recall for seven days
and nights with brilliant eyes...

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i see that you have your dead poet's society.. i believe it was Ginsberg who founded the "Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poets"

5:42 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

I'll be studying Ginsberg in my Modern poetry class next term. Now I'm looking forward to it more...

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you like it ;)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home