4/01/2006

Awesome Day

Listening to: Anthrax- Be All, End All METAL!!!!!!

Today was killer. I got called in for a 4 hour shift and it was SO freaking busy.... line up to the door from 11-3, so much fun.

Then I had dinner at Montana's with my parents. Apple butter BBQ rib tails with garlic mashed potatoes, baked beans and a pitcher of Rickard's Red. So good... so very good. By the way, Shannon who works at Montana's is the best waitress ever. She deserves an award, really.

After that we stopped off at Zeller's, and while looking through the cd section I found Anthrax's two-disc best of Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991) for $16.99(!!!) Sixteen freaking ninety-nine. I can't believe that these stores will sell a 12-song Nickelcrap album for $21.99 and sell over two hours of the best metal ever for freaking $16.99. Oh well, fun for me. Oh yeah, if you're a Christian read the lyrics to "Make me Laugh." Let's not be like that, k? Songs like this hurt to listen to, and although I think the band crosses the line on a few of the lyrics, it helps to realize that this is how the world sees us... and we need to evangelize people who think this way... my dad thinks this way, and I'm the only one who can prove to him that Jesus ain't about the mammon. So let's go show people love. I bet Scott Ian would be pissed off that I turned his blatantly anti-christian song into a sermon, but oh well... I hope he reads this. Jesus loves him too. Hmmm.... the line "Rape your past..." is especially apt.

Anyway, I've been getting my kicks writing narrative poetry. Read some.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

I think "low estate" on the hoarse album is going to join my new favourites. Whee.

11:47 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

yeah, that's one of the BEST 16hp songs EVER...!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home