4/08/2006

I fell in love with fashion in the dark

This year has been a year of change. Ever read the original Cinderella? In it the two ugly step sisters chop off sections of their feet to try and fit in the glass slipper... that's what I feel like. God has been chopping off portions of my pride so that I can fit into the image of Christ. It hurts.

Whenever I have started to rely on someone or something too much this year God has cut it off. I was smug in my theology, but it has been challenged and changed.

Todd has been a mentor to me, challenging me, shaping me, driving me absolutely insane... but he is now moving away.

I'd like to say that Natalie taught me how to be tender... but unfortunately I'm still pretty abrasive... but I did learn what it means to love someone in a pure way... I did learn what a Christian relationship is supposed to be: sacrifice.

I thought that being elected for TCF Exec would be bad for my pride... so far it's having the opposite effect... I am so thankful for the godly examples of the people on exec... I respect them and look up to them as spiritual leaders.... but next year I'll be in that position. That's terrifying.. but in the way that makes me want to pray.

I've been listening to this song by Deliriou5? lately, and it really speaks to me... is God all I want?

All I Want is You

Did I tell you it was wine,
when really it was water?

I walked upon the wine,
it went to my head and I faltered.

I've tried to heal your bones,
I've tried to tell your future.

Maybe I should just call up some friends
And play some music, be myself.

Well I've been thinking about
what I do and say

To climb my way down this ladder,
keep me from flying away

And if there's a preacher here,
will you come and preach the truth?

I wanna know more about Jesus, yes I do

All I want is you
All I want is you now
Did I tell you it was fine to come and question nothing?
To look upon the sign as the answer to it all
Oh why do I feel poor?
Why do I feel nervous?
I think it's time to put on my God shoes
And do what I'm here for - raise the flag again

All I want is you
All I want is you now

Can I be free from the chains of my religion?
They wrap around my head
and they blind my eyes of faith
And I feel dangerous 'cos I hunger for the truth
This tightrope's swinging high
No turing back
Teach me to fly

(Martin Smith)

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

and now i want a broken heart...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Girl said...

I love Delerious? I won their new CD as well as tickets to thier concert this past weekend. Caroline and I went and met them. I'll show you pics when i get them. keep writing and talking to God. I'm praying for you
Ashlee

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home