5/13/2007

It's super!

I've had an enjoyable weekend. To start off, I walked into Chumleigh's Friday night only to find a copy of the game Super Metroid for the SNES, long regarded as not only one of the best SNES games, but one of the best video games ever. Its charm comes from its challenging and innovative game play, equal parts adventure, puzzle, shoot 'em up, and RPG. The graphics and level design are impeccable, the labyrinthine structure of the levels actually creates fear within me as a player. Not to mention that one can only save the game at save points throughout the levels, and if one dies before reaching a save point, everything since the last one is lost. Anyway, this game is fun to play, fun to watch, and overall great.

Yesterday I hung out with Steve and Rach and we had dinner and watched some TV (Mythbusters for the win!) Today was church and some fun hang out times with everyone. After, I met Rachel at Beavermead park following her soccer game and we went back to her place for some ice cream and tea.

Good times for all!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know which is better... Super Metroid or tea and ice cream.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

That's easy. Super Metroid.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jests aside, for longevities sake I'll pick ice cream. I know I'll be frequently enjoying it decades from now, while Super Metroid, amazing as it was... not so much.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home